Our in-depth knowledge and industrial expertise has enabled us to emerge as a reputed supplier of DS Round Bar. Sourced from trusted vendors this bar is manufactured using best quality duplex alloys. Duplex alloys are originally created to combat corrosion problems caused by chloride-bearing cooling waters and other aggressive chemical process fluids. This bar is used in heat exchangers, tubes & pipes for production and handling of gas and oil. DS Round Bar is also used in pressure vessels, tank and pipes in process industries handling solutions containing chlorides. It has low thermal expansion and higher heat conductivity than austenitic steels.
Duplex Stainless steels were developed more than 70 years ago in Sweden for use in the sulfite paper industry. Duplex alloys were originally created to combat corrosion problems caused by chloride-bearing cooling waters and other aggressive chemical process fluids. Called Duplex because of its mixed micro structure with about equal proportions of ferrite and austenite, duplex stainless steels are a family of grades, which range in corrosion performance depending on their alloy content. The chemical
composition based on high contents of Cr and Mo improves inter-granular and pitting corrosion resistance respectively. Additions of nitrogen can promote structural hardening by interstitial solid solution mechanism, which raises the yield strength and ultimate strength values without impairing toughness. Moreover, the two-phase micro-structure guarantees higher resistance to pitting and stress corrosion cracking in comparison with conventional stainless steels.
Coinciding with the 1970's development of offshore gas and oilfields in the North Sea, a second generation Duplex was introduced and quickly became the duplex steel of choice. with deliberate addition of nitrogen as an alloying agent, both improved toughness in the heat-affected zones of welds and excellent chloride corrosion resistance was achieved thus quickly becoming the workhorse of stainless steels, accounting for more than 80% of duplex use. Its popularity is also cost-based as the replacement of the nickel content with the less-expensive addition of nitrogen.
Duplex alloys are essentially a compromise possessing some of the ferritic stress corrosion cracking resistance and much of the superior form ability of the common austenitic stainless alloys at a cost saving over the high nickel alloys.
- High strength
- High resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion resistance
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking, corrosion fatigue and erosion.
- Good sulfide stress corrosion resistance,
- Low thermal expansion and higher heat conductivity than austenitic steels,
- Good workability and weld ability.
- High energy absorption.
- Heat exchangers, tubes and pipes for production and handling of gas and Oil,
- Heat exchangers and pipe in desalination plants,
- Pressure vessels, pipe, tank and heat exchangers for processing and transport of various chemicals.
- Pressure vessels, tank and pipes in process industries handling solutions containing chlorides,
- Rotors, fans, shafts and press rolls where the high corrosion fatigue strength can be utilized.
- Cargo tank, piping and welding consumables for chemical tankers.
Technical Specification :
UNS number Duplex Grades
Building No-83-87, Near-Alankar Petrol Pump, Near Gokulkdham, Keshar Bhavan, Shop No. 3, 7th Khethwadi Back Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400004, India